Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Changing the incrementation when "puliing" cell values down a colu

I have a column formatted as text. In cell A1 i type "2". When I grab the
corner of the cell and "pull" down the cells below are populated increasing
by 1. Can I change the increment? I'd like it increase by a value of 10
each cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Changing the incrementation when "puliing" cell values down a

That populates every other cell but the numbers still only increases by an
increment of one per cell populated a1=12 a3=13, etc. What I would like to
do is populate cell a1 with "10" and pull down and have a2 = "20" a3 = "30",
etc.

Is that possible?

"Matt G" wrote:

I have a column formatted as text. In cell A1 i type "2". When I grab the
corner of the cell and "pull" down the cells below are populated increasing
by 1. Can I change the increment? I'd like it increase by a value of 10
each cell.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can enter 10 in A1, select the range of interest (including A1), and
do Edit Fill Series, and follow instructions from there.

--
shg
shg's Profile: http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/member.php?userid=13

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Enter 10 in A1, 20 in A2.

Select both and right-click and drag down.

Release button and "Fill Series"

Will work for either text or numerics.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP