Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formula snafu

I have 2 formulas; one works and the other doesn't. The second one displays
as text and not a formula. Can someone tell me what to look for?

Formula 1 : =Sheet1!B2&", "&Sheet1!C2 : it shows the persons last name,
first name

Formula 2: =Sheet1!D2 : it shows =Sheet1!D2 (it should be a number 80101)

There are 4 formulas on this row which look at the same row of the
worksheet. Two of these formulas work and the other to do not; they just
display the formula.

Thanks,

El Bee

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select the offending cell
Format it as General (or anything but text)
Then reenter the formula

(Repeat for the other cell)

El Bee wrote:

I have 2 formulas; one works and the other doesn't. The second one displays
as text and not a formula. Can someone tell me what to look for?

Formula 1 : =Sheet1!B2&", "&Sheet1!C2 : it shows the persons last name,
first name

Formula 2: =Sheet1!D2 : it shows =Sheet1!D2 (it should be a number 80101)

There are 4 formulas on this row which look at the same row of the
worksheet. Two of these formulas work and the other to do not; they just
display the formula.

Thanks,

El Bee

--