Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default MROUND replaced with #N/A in Excel 2007

I am one of the first people in my organisation to have Office 2007
installed - the majority of other users are still on Office 2003. As a
result, I have to keep all my workbooks in Office 2003 format.

The problem I have is that the message 'File error: Data my be lost'
is frequently displayed when I open one of these workbooks and then
several formulae are replaced with '#N/A'. I then have to go through
and re-enter all the formulae. It's worth noting that this doesn't
happen every time I open a workbook but after it's happened to a
particular workbook once it will happen every time I open that file,
even if I don't save it.

It would seem that it's got something to do with the functions MROUND
and NETWORKDAYS, which used to be included in the Excel 2003 Analysis
TookPak. Does anyone know of any add-in, patch, etc that I can
installed to get round this as I use these functions all the time and
it's getting very tedious!

Thanks

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Thu, 9 Oct 2008 03:21:02 -0700 (PDT), Steve McDonald
wrote:

[...]

I don't know why you are getting the #N/A error. However, both MROUND and
NETWORKDAYS (as well as all of the other ATP functions) are present in Excel
2007 natively.

And saving a workbook that contains that function seems to work OK on my system
(saving from Excel 2007 in compatibility mode; closing the file; then
reopening).
--ron