Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default moving text from one cell to another

I want a formula to move text from one cell into another cell if info from
another cell matches up.
Example: Row 3 column A has a number 1 and column C has a date of 10/1/08.
Row 5 column F has a number of 1 and column G has a date of 10/3/08.
I want the date from column G to copy into and paste over the date in column
C becauase the numbers in column A and column F match up.
If it's not possible to get this to copay into/paste over and I do it in
another cell in the same row (row3 column D for the example listed above)?
--
mrs luke
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

.. In Row 3 column A
It's easier/shorter to describe cell references as just: In A3

Ok, down to your Q ..
here's a way using index/match to extract it into col D
In D3: =IF(ISNA(MATCH(A3,F:F,0)),"",INDEX(G:G,MATCH(A3,F: F,0)))
Format as date to taste, copy D3 down
--
Max
Singapore