Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default i AM CREATING A DATA AND WANT TO SORT, BUT KEEP DATA TOGETHER

I am creating a data chart to keep records of old tenants, I am using cells A
thru j, left to right, but top to bottom needs to be left open to continually
add more tenants as they leave, this way I don't need to keep paperwork. I
would like to list these alphabetically, but do not want colum A to be
separated with the respective colums of information that go with it. How do
I alphabetize keeping for example A1 - AJ together.......I am somewhat new
at this
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Lolly57,

Try highlighting the columns A:J and then going to DataSort...Column A
(Ascending/Descending).

--
--Thomas [PBD]
Working hard to make working easy.

"lolly57" wrote:

I am creating a data chart to keep records of old tenants, I am using cells A
thru j, left to right, but top to bottom needs to be left open to continually
add more tenants as they leave, this way I don't need to keep paperwork. I
would like to list these alphabetically, but do not want colum A to be
separated with the respective colums of information that go with it. How do
I alphabetize keeping for example A1 - AJ together.......I am somewhat new
at this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
RAZ RAZ is offline

select all your data and click on "Format as Table" and select a table format

this will show an arrow on every title of your every column. clicking this
arrow you can sort a-z or z-a etc.

"lolly57" wrote:

I am creating a data chart to keep records of old tenants, I am using cells A
thru j, left to right, but top to bottom needs to be left open to continually
add more tenants as they leave, this way I don't need to keep paperwork. I
would like to list these alphabetically, but do not want colum A to be
separated with the respective colums of information that go with it. How do
I alphabetize keeping for example A1 - AJ together.......I am somewhat new
at this

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Select columns A to J before DataSort.

Don't let Excel guess the range to sort.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP