Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I'm trying to add columns and getting errors

I am working on a very large spreadsheet, grouping columns. I am trying to
add additional columns and keep getting the error " Cannot Shift Objects off
sheet".
I don't want to delete any of the columns, but how do I get past this error
and what does it mean?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

xl2003 has a limit of 256 columns. It sounds as if you are trying to create
more columns by inserting a new column than excel can handle. Unfortunately,
you can't. You will either need to split the sheet into 2 worksheets, or get
xl2007, which has significantly more columns.
--
John C