Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Multiple array formula using 'does not equal

I need to write a sumproduct formula whre one of the arrays needs a 'does not
equal' item. Previously with 'equals' items the formula read:

=sumproduct(--(compiled!$A$2:$A$50="abc"),--(Compiled!$G$2:$G$50="L"),--(Compiled!$F$2:$F$500))

This gave me the number of entries that were abc with an L entry and a value
more than 0

What I want to do is to return number of entries that are abc with an entry
other than L (it could be more than 1 other entry) with a value of more than 0

Any assistance gratefully accepted.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Change ="L" to <"L"

< means "not equal"

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Shazaxacpcc" wrote in message
I need to write a sumproduct formula whre one of the arrays needs a 'does
not
equal' item. Previously with 'equals' items the formula read:

=sumproduct(--(compiled!$A$2:$A$50="abc"),--(Compiled!$G$2:$G$50="L"),--(Compiled!$F$2:$F$500))

This gave me the number of entries that were abc with an L entry and a
value
more than 0

What I want to do is to return number of entries that are abc with an
entry
other than L (it could be more than 1 other entry) with a value of more
than 0

Any assistance gratefully accepted.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

What I want to do is to return number of entries that are abc with an entry
other than L (it could be more than 1 other entry) with a value of more than 0

Think you just need to change the centre term to:
--(compiled!$G$2:$G$50<"L")
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Since you say,
<<<"with an *entry* other than L (it could be more than 1 other entry)"
<emphasis mine
I assume a blank (empty) Column G *will not* meet your criteria,

Try:

=sumproduct(--(compiled!$A$2:$A$50="abc"),--(Compiled!$G$2:$G$50<""),--(Com
piled!$G$2:$G$50<"L"),--(Compiled!$F$2:$F$500))

--
HTH,

RD