Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Setting Parameters for SUMPRODUCT Results

I am working on a spreadsheet with SUMPRODUCT results that have set parameters.

The problem I am to solve says:
A factory builds TVs, stereos, and speakers. There are five types of parts:
chassis, picture tubes, speaker cones, power supplies, and electronics
units. A TV earns $75 gross profit, a stereo earns $50, and a speaker cone
earns $35. There are 450 chassis, 250 picture tubes, 800 speaker cones, 450
power supplies, and 600 electronics units.

I have created SUMPRODUCT formulas to determine how many TVs, stereos, and
speakers will produce maximum profit. I need to set parameters for the
formulas so that for each part, the result does not exceed the number of such
parts available. The site, http://www.solver.com/stepbystep2.htm, mentions
solver dialogs, but I cannot locate these. Pleaae help - the problem is
supposed to be solved before midnight Mountain Time this Sunday, October 5!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Did that and plugged in the information from the site. However, we cannot
get the problem to "solve" itself. We had some "trial" numbers in the three
"# to Build" cells, and we got a strange answer: -E4... We therefore
cleared Cells E12:G12 and E22; the solver result is 0. Why is this
happening?!