Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default difficult formula question

I am trying to write a formula & am stuck on the last part.

If the value of M10 is less than zero, then I wan "no order" to display.
If the value of M10 is greater than zero, then I want the lesser value of
L10 & J10 to display.

Here is what i have thus far =If(not(m100), "no order",

I don't know how to write it so it pulls the lesser of L10 or J10
though...please help

Joann
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Joann,

Here you a
=IF(M10<0,"No Order",MIN(J10,L10))

--
--Thomas [PBD]
Working hard to make working easy.

"Joann" wrote:

I am trying to write a formula & am stuck on the last part.

If the value of M10 is less than zero, then I wan "no order" to display.
If the value of M10 is greater than zero, then I want the lesser value of
L10 & J10 to display.

Here is what i have thus far =If(not(m100), "no order",

I don't know how to write it so it pulls the lesser of L10 or J10
though...please help

Joann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

What if M10 = 0?

the below assumes if =0, then minumum of L10 and J10. Else change < to <=.

=if(m10<0,"no order",min(L10,J10))

"Joann" wrote:

I am trying to write a formula & am stuck on the last part.

If the value of M10 is less than zero, then I wan "no order" to display.
If the value of M10 is greater than zero, then I want the lesser value of
L10 & J10 to display.

Here is what i have thus far =If(not(m100), "no order",

I don't know how to write it so it pulls the lesser of L10 or J10
though...please help

Joann

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If...M10 is less than zero
If...M10 is greater than zero

Ok, what if M10 = 0?

If M10 is 0 or empty/blank this formula returns a blank:

=IF(M10<0,"no order",IF(COUNT(1/M10),MIN(J10,L10),""))

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP