Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I copy cells from one worksheet to another based on values

I have a worksheet that looks like this:

Worksheet 1
A B C
M/M Brown Brown Address 1000
M/M Adams Adams Address 6000
M/M Jones Jones Address 5000
M/M Smith Smith Address 10000
M/M Doe Doe Address 8000
M/M Hunt Hunt Address 15000

I need to copy the values in column A and column B to a new worksheet where
column C is greater than or equal to 5000 AND column c is less than 10000.
So the result woud be that worksheet2 looks like this:
A B
M/M Adams Adams Address
M/M Jones Jones Address
M/M Doe Doe Address

Ideally this would happen whenever I added a new row to worksheet1. Just to
add a wrinkle, I am using Excel 2008 for Mac and do not have any VB marco
capabilities. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Name" is a define name range (name range list)
"address" is a define name range (address range list)
"Value" is a define name range (Value range list)
Note: no quotes

For name:
=IF(ISERR(SMALL(IF((Value=5000)*(Value<10000),ROW (INDIRECT("1:"&ROWS(Value)))),ROWS($1:1))),"",INDE X(Name,SMALL(IF((Value=5000)*(Value<10000),ROW(IN DIRECT("1:"&ROWS(Value)))),ROWS($1:1))))

For address:
change the "Name" to "address"

ctrl+shift+enter, not just enter on PC comp.
for MAC computer I think CMD+enter

copy down as far as needed

"Vickynh" wrote:

I have a worksheet that looks like this:

Worksheet 1
A B C
M/M Brown Brown Address 1000
M/M Adams Adams Address 6000
M/M Jones Jones Address 5000
M/M Smith Smith Address 10000
M/M Doe Doe Address 8000
M/M Hunt Hunt Address 15000

I need to copy the values in column A and column B to a new worksheet where
column C is greater than or equal to 5000 AND column c is less than 10000.
So the result woud be that worksheet2 looks like this:
A B
M/M Adams Adams Address
M/M Jones Jones Address
M/M Doe Doe Address

Ideally this would happen whenever I added a new row to worksheet1. Just to
add a wrinkle, I am using Excel 2008 for Mac and do not have any VB marco
capabilities. Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

You can achieve your result by using Advanced Filters. Kindly refer to the
help menu

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com