Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Is there a formula?

I have data in 2 columns, the first column contains location numbers, the 2nd
column contains values for those locations. Some locations have multiple
values, so they are listed multiple times, (see below)
Location # Value
878 $50,000
879 $22,449
882 $51,050
883 $20,420
884 $10,000
884 $50,000
885 $5,230
885 $20,920
886 $53,764
I need to see the total value for each location, so I need to add the
multiple values for the locations that have them. Is there a formula I can
use to do this and, if so, what is it?

--
Thank you.
debd
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can use the SUMIF formula. For example...

=SUMIF(A1:A100,884,B1:B100)

where A1:100 is the range containing your Location numbers, the 884 is a
Location number in that range, and B1:B100 contains the values that will be
added.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"debd" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

you may also sort the data and use Data Subtotal

Ashsih Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com