Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Convert currency within column

I am receiving invoices in HKD I do not need to keep track of the HKD total,
only the USD total. The invoices are for different amounts.

My goal is to enter the invoice total and have a formula in place that will
automatically convert the HKD amount to USD using an exchange rate of 7.8 by
dragging down the formula. I am trying to avoid having to type =HKD/7.8
Column B is for invoice total in USD (In my efforts to find a solution I
have designated cell B21 for the exchange rate which is 7.8)

Does anyone know if there is a simpler solution then typing =HKD/7.8?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
~L ~L is offline

If your HKD amounts were in column C and you wanted to convert to USD in
column D with the exchange rate in B21 and the data beginning in row 2, in D2
the formula =C2/$B$21 would be draggable. If you change the exchange rate
though, that would change it for the past invoices as well.

Is this what you are looking for?