Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jd jd is offline

Default Calculating weekly averages from a new sheet

On sheet 1 (daily) column C=A*B, for rows corresponding to days 1-31.Some
days data is not entered for A or B, but the formula is still in C. On sheet
2 (averages) I want to calculate the weekly (day 1-7, day 8-14 etc.) averages
for C (sheet 1). The standard AVERAGE function calculates using zero values
for the empty cells from C.Example:
Sheet 1(daily)
ROW A B C
1 1 1 2
2 2 2 4
3
4 3 3 9
5
6
7

Sheet 2(averages)

Row A
1 2.14

sheet 2, A1 should return a 5 (2+4+9)/3 for the average but it calculates
the average as (2+4+0+9+0+0+0)/7 which = 2.14. I dont seem to be able to the
proper function inserted. I don't want to remove the formula every time in C
to make it work. Any ideas? Thanks

--
JD

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
jd jd is offline

Thanks Sean

RagDyer, it still included 0 values for the blank cells.?
--
JD