Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default CellColorIndex

=CELLCOLORINDEX(C39,FALSE)

I have this in an old file and it returns a value.

I tried it in a new file becuase I cant remember how it works and I get the
$Name# returned.

Why is that.

Thank you,

Steven
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

This looks like a user defined function (UDF Function)
=CELLCOLORINDEX()

I don't use Excel 2007, so I don't know fort sure, but I'd be surprised if
it is a built-in function in the new version.

So, go to the Excel workbook where the function is working correctly, then
hit Alt+F11 on your keyboard. You should see a module in the window that
opens. Open the module, if it isn't opened already. Copy the syntax from
that module into a new module in your new workbook. Then, call the function
in your new workbook. That should work for you...

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"Steven" wrote:

=CELLCOLORINDEX(C39,FALSE)

I have this in an old file and it returns a value.

I tried it in a new file becuase I cant remember how it works and I get the
$Name# returned.

Why is that.

Thank you,

Steven

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You can also open the workbook where it works correctly, then just change your
formula to use the UDF from that workbook:

=CELLCOLORINDEX(C39,FALSE)
becomes
='some filename here.xls'!CELLCOLORINDEX(C39,FALSE)

lots of people create addins that open whenever excel opens (by storing it in
their XLStart folder). Then they can use the function just like it's native to
excel.

Remember the workbook with the code has to be open for the UDF to work.

Steven wrote:

=CELLCOLORINDEX(C39,FALSE)

I have this in an old file and it returns a value.

I tried it in a new file becuase I cant remember how it works and I get the
$Name# returned.

Why is that.

Thank you,

Steven