Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Deleting a link

I have been given a worksheet with links to several temporary files which no
longer exist. I do not need the links. When I use tools, options, and
"uncheck" ask to update automatic links it gets rid of the message, however
it then goes to all the links that no longer exist or are required. How do I
delete the links? I have tried going into edit, links and can see them there
but I cannot seem to get rid of them.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Have you tried <edit<links<breaklinks ?

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I am in the worksheet, I went to edit, links, and there is no "breaklinks"
that appears.

"TomPl" wrote:

Have you tried <edit<links<breaklinks ?

Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You must be using a different version of Excel. I am using Excel 2003. The
other option is to find the formulas that reference different workbooks and
change the formulas to values (i.e. <copy<pastespecial<values).

Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

If you do not see edit links, this is one of the following happening on your
sheet:

1. Sheets are grouped; or
2. Workbook is protected.

Ashsih Mathur