Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default link text cells on different sheets

I have text from one worksheet that I want to link to another worksheet, but
I dont know how to do it.
To give you a better idea, on the first sheet I have a list of employees
with basic info and on another sheet I want it to show the same names, in the
same order where I can list more info on the employees. This way, I can type
or delete a name in the first worksheet and it will do the same on the other
worksheet and Ill be able to tell immediately if I need to fill in the info
on the second sheet.
I have seen some posts on this, but I'm not sure if this is what I'm looking
for. I've tried a few and they have not worked. I'm probably doing something
wrong.
Im fairly new with these type of Excel functions, so Im sure Im not
explaining it the best, or if its even possible.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If cell A2 on Sheet1 has John F Kennedy as text, then the formula =Sheet1!A2
on another sheet will show the same name.
Quick way: type = in cell where you want formula, open the first sheet,
click on the cell and Excel completes the formula with =Sheet1!A2
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
Microsoft Excel MVP

"...jay..." wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

When I do this: "Quick way: type = in cell where you want formula, open the
first sheet,
click on the cell and Excel completes the formula with =Sheet1!A2 "

On the sheet I'm trying to get the text to show up in, I get "0" in the cell.