Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Combining Numerous Columns

I have 8 groups (each group is column for description, and one for quantity)
of colums, 400 lines long that have formulas in them to get the information
to come from other sheets and I want to combine them.

Each group is a quantity of pieces needed to produce a job, some groups may
be blank some may not, but I need to all of them into a possible 3200 line
items of descriptions with quantity so I can do a pivot table for my quote.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Jeff
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jeff,

I'm probably missing something here, but copy and paste?

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Jeff" wrote:

I have 8 groups (each group is column for description, and one for quantity)
of colums, 400 lines long that have formulas in them to get the information
to come from other sheets and I want to combine them.

Each group is a quantity of pieces needed to produce a job, some groups may
be blank some may not, but I need to all of them into a possible 3200 line
items of descriptions with quantity so I can do a pivot table for my quote.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I could do that, but there is the possiblity that we will continually change
information till the customer is satisified with the end result, which means
that you will have to cut and paste numerous times. Which is wasting time
and you have the possibility of forgetting one time and giving the customer
the wrong information.

"Jeff" wrote:

I have 8 groups (each group is column for description, and one for quantity)
of colums, 400 lines long that have formulas in them to get the information
to come from other sheets and I want to combine them.

Each group is a quantity of pieces needed to produce a job, some groups may
be blank some may not, but I need to all of them into a possible 3200 line
items of descriptions with quantity so I can do a pivot table for my quote.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Jeff

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure if your groups are on different sheets or not, but you
could link those values using a formula like:

=IF(Sheet1!A1="","",Sheet1!A1)

Then you can copy this down as required, maybe changing Sheet1 to
Sheet2 after 400 rows, and so on for other sheets.

Once all the cells are linked in this way, then any change to the
original data will immediately be reflected through.

Hope this helps.

Pete

"Jeff" wrote:

I have 8 groups (each group is column for description, and one for quantity)
of colums, 400 lines long that have formulas in them to get the information
to come from other sheets and I want to combine them.

Each group is a quantity of pieces needed to produce a job, some groups may
be blank some may not, but I need to all of them into a possible 3200 line
items of descriptions with quantity so I can do a pivot table for my quote.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

Jeff- Hide quoted text -