Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Linking Sales Order to Sales History Data

Excel 2003

Have created Sales Order with Drop Down List for Customers (31) and Products
(12). Invoice # is automatic as is Date. Workbook has worksheet for each
Customer. Challenge now is to capture the sales data on the correct Customer
Worksheet. I could go and buy a software package for all of this; but where
is the challenge in that?

Need to capture the usual:

A1 Date, B2 Customer Name, E2 Invoice #, B4-B13 Product, C4-C13 Quantity,
E14 Shipping.

Being somewhat of a novice on the vast array of functions and their use, I
am sitting here wondering how to start.
I have scanned all of the subjects and threads and see nothing that jumps
out. I believe there may be a number of ways to approach this and would like
to be pointed in the right direction, learn what i can, and ask questions as
I go. Thanks in advance.
--
Thanks from Salt Spring

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Joel: Yes, there are many usable templates. As I am working with Excel I am
now looking for ways to capture my Sales Order data and update my
Customer/Product Sales History data.
--
Thanks from Salt Spring

"Koomba" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I you are interested in a macro approach here is instructions from microsoft
in creating a userform for data entry

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...ffice.11).aspx

"Koomba" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Joel: I figured i would probably need to use a macro to accomplish my goal
here. i have some experience with macros and appreciate your reference. From
a quick scan, i think i might will make some progress.

Thanks
--
Thanks from Salt Spring

"Koomba" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Joel: If you have time could you check this out? I have been following the
Macro training instructions you recommended. Where the instructions for Using
Events are followed, I continually get an error message: "Compile Error -
Expected Varialble or Procedure, not Module.

I have tried several times to follow the instructions exactly, but error
message persists. Are you able to to verify the instructions are correct?
--
Thanks from Salt Spring

"Koomba" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Joel: I should have mentioned specifically: Lesson 4 - the procedure
following Step 6.
--
Thanks from Salt Spring