Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Red Red is offline

Default Equation Values

I am trying to calculate the days between two dates. I have used both
equations =a1-b1 and =days360(a1,b2) and both have worked in the first cell.
I need to copy this equation to over 400 more lines. When I copy the
equation it gives the right equation in each cell, however the value is the
same value as the first cell.. Help please!
--
Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Assuming that your data is different for all the other cells then the most
likely problem is the recalculation is set to Manual. Choose Tools, Options,
Calculation, and set Calculation to Automatic (2003 and earlier).

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"RED" wrote:

I am trying to calculate the days between two dates. I have used both
equations =a1-b1 and =days360(a1,b2) and both have worked in the first cell.
I need to copy this equation to over 400 more lines. When I copy the
equation it gives the right equation in each cell, however the value is the
same value as the first cell.. Help please!
--
Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Make sure calculation is set to automatic:

ToolsOptonsCalculation tabAutomaticOK

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"RED" wrote in message
I am trying to calculate the days between two dates. I have used both
equations =a1-b1 and =days360(a1,b2) and both have worked in the first
cell.
I need to copy this equation to over 400 more lines. When I copy the
equation it gives the right equation in each cell, however the value is
the
same value as the first cell.. Help please!
--
Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Do your formulas have absolute references ($A$1 instead of A1)? That would
keep them pointing to the first cells no matter how many times you copied
them.

Or, is your calculation mode set to manual? Press F9 to manually recalc the
worksheet.

Hope this helps,

Hutch

"RED" wrote:

I am trying to calculate the days between two dates. I have used both
equations =a1-b1 and =days360(a1,b2) and both have worked in the first cell.
I need to copy this equation to over 400 more lines. When I copy the
equation it gives the right equation in each cell, however the value is the
same value as the first cell.. Help please!
--
Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Red Red is offline