Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Limit returned value

In cell A4 is a 4 digit number in cell A1 I want only the last number
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=MOD(A4,10)

Also, don't be impatient. I just noticed you posted the same question again
after only 4 minutes.

--
Ian
--
"Patrick C. Simonds" wrote in message
In cell A4 is a 4 digit number in cell A1 I want only the last number

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

See response in earlier thread.

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Patrick C. Simonds" wrote in message
In cell A4 is a 4 digit number in cell A1 I want only the last number

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

A certain amount of etiquette and general courtesy wouldn't go astray
either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

True, I should have said "Please don't be impatient".

--
Ian
--
"NoodNutt" wrote in message
A certain amount of etiquette and general courtesy wouldn't go astray
either.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That wasn't a direct shot a you Ian.

Seems to be, in this day & age, that the art of common courtesy when asking
for help tends to lack the ol' please & thank you's.

I now have made a point of not responding to posters who's requests for help
are devoid of common communication etiquette.

I liken it to spoilt children demanding candy or other material things from
their parents.

It's a sad thing to see the erotion of polite communication between
others....

That said! by know means makes me a judgemental prude, just a reflection of
a respectful upbringing.

Regards
Mark.