Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Validating a Cell

My columns look like:

P/NP Copay Basis Copay - 90 day
P R $100.00
P M $85.00

I want to validate the entry into the Copay-90 day column. If "P/NP" is
equal to P and copay basis is equal to M, the value of the Copay-90 day
column cannot exceed $85. If it is more, I'd like to see an error message.
Can someone help me with this?

--
Lady
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

This is a task for Data, Validation.

Select the Copay cells and choose Data, Validation. Pick Decimal from the
Allow list,
Choose Between from Data, enter 0 or whatever is appropriate for the Minimum
and for the Maximum enter
=IF(AND(A3="P",B3="m"),85)
Here I am assuming that A3 is the first cell under P/PN, B3 contains the
first Copay Basis and you have select from C3 down.

You can add a custom message on the Error Alerts tab
There are other variations that will do it also.
--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire