Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default if able, how do you sort Tabs in excel (alpha-numeric) ??

if able, how do you sort Tabs in excel (alpha-numeric) ??
I have multiple tabs/Worksheets created, each is named after a person.
Periodically, new worksheets are added for new names. I am trying to auto
sort the tabs/worksheets by tab name; alpha=numerically. Can anyone say if or
how this can be done? I have Excel 2003, SP2. Thankx
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Right click any of your sheet tabs, view code and pastes this in and run it

Sub Sortem()
Dim x As Long, y As Long
For x = 1 To Worksheets.Count
For y = x To Worksheets.Count
If UCase(Sheets(y).Name) < UCase(Sheets(x).Name) Then
Sheets(y).Move Befo=Sheets(x)
End If
Next y
Next x
End Sub

Mike

"Dgadgetk" wrote:

if able, how do you sort Tabs in excel (alpha-numeric) ??
I have multiple tabs/Worksheets created, each is named after a person.
Periodically, new worksheets are added for new names. I am trying to auto
sort the tabs/worksheets by tab name; alpha=numerically. Can anyone say if or
how this can be done? I have Excel 2003, SP2. Thankx

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sub sort_sheets()
'Mike H June 13th, 2007
Dim i As Integer, J As Integer

For i = 1 To Sheets.Count - 1
For J = i + 1 To Sheets.Count
If UCase(Sheets(i).Name) UCase(Sheets(J).Name) Then
Sheets(J).Move Befo=Sheets(i)
End If
Next J
Next i