Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Finding data between blank rows

A B
1 6:00 a 7:00 a
2 7:05 a 8:30 a
3 8:35 a 10:00 a
4
5 12:00 p 1:00 p
6 1:05 p 4:00p
7
8 6:00p 10:00p

Each call-out will seperated by a blank row and, as shown above, can be made
up of single or mutiple rows. There may be only 1 call-out or up to 5 in a
day. I'm tring to find the start and stop times for each.
Start End
9 1st 6:00a 10:00a
10 2nd 12:00p 2:00p
11 3rd 5:00p 7:00p

Thanks for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Not sure I totally understand the issue, but I do, this will do what you want:
=IF(ROWS($1:1)<=COUNTA(A1:A10),INDEX(A1:A10,SMALL( IF(A1:A10<"",ROW(A1:A10)-MIN(ROW(A1:A10))+1),ROWS($1:1))),"")

Commit the function with Ctrl+Shift+Enter, and then fill down until you get
blanks..

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy

"j.ruderman" wrote:

A B
1 6:00 a 7:00 a
2 7:05 a 8:30 a
3 8:35 a 10:00 a
4
5 12:00 p 1:00 p
6 1:05 p 4:00p
7
8 6:00p 10:00p

Each call-out will seperated by a blank row and, as shown above, can be made
up of single or mutiple rows. There may be only 1 call-out or up to 5 in a
day. I'm tring to find the start and stop times for each.
Start End
9 1st 6:00a 10:00a
10 2nd 12:00p 2:00p
11 3rd 5:00p 7:00p

Thanks for any help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Sorry for the confusion wtih my 1st post...I was half asleep. The sheet is a
daily timesheet which is linked to a bi-weekly sheet. Each shift seperation
has to be listed seperatly on the bi-weekly sheet for that corresponding day.
Going off the original sample sheet of times:
Start Stop
Shift 1 6:00a 10:00a
Shift 2 12:00p 4:00p
Shift 3 6:00p 10:00p