M.R.S.

Default Hard page break that won't allow me to scroll past? would love to find out ;)

Hi all,

So I've got 500 row of data or so, and I'm trying to hi-lite them so do
stuff, but if I start dragging the mouse down, it runs off and I'm at row
10,000 before I know it! I can control the speed of it, but I was wondering
if there was a way to set a hard 'end' point to the rows, let's say at 501
or so...

This way, when I try to scroll down (basically, a scroll lock of sorts), it
won't pass where I don't have any data. I can't find any info in all the
texts that I have..

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. Excel is so powerful, I am really
liking it!

Ragdyer

If you know the address of the last cell of your data, you can *exactly*
select the range by:
1] Click in first cell - Click in "name box" - Enter last cell (i.e. A50) -
Hold <Shift, Hit <Enter

2] Click in "name box" - Enter range (i.e. A1:A50) - Hit <Enter
--
HTH,

RD

"M.R.S." wrote in message
Hi all,

So I've got 500 row of data or so, and I'm trying to hi-lite them so do
stuff, but if I start dragging the mouse down, it runs off and I'm at row
10,000 before I know it! I can control the speed of it, but I was

wondering
if there was a way to set a hard 'end' point to the rows, let's say at 501
or so...

This way, when I try to scroll down (basically, a scroll lock of sorts),

it
won't pass where I don't have any data. I can't find any info in all the
texts that I have..

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. Excel is so powerful, I am really
liking it!

M.R.S.

"M.R.S." wrote in message
Hi all,

So I've got 500 row of data or so, and I'm trying to hi-lite them so do
stuff, but if I start dragging the mouse down, it runs off and I'm at row
10,000 before I know it! I can control the speed of it, but I was

wondering
if there was a way to set a hard 'end' point to the rows, let's say at
501
or so...

This way, when I try to scroll down (basically, a scroll lock of sorts),

it
won't pass where I don't have any data. I can't find any info in all the
texts that I have..

Any info would be GREATLY appreciated. Excel is so powerful, I am really
liking it!

Thanks for the reply,

Unfortunately, every column has different amounts of rows and it is
difficult to manage all this data. I have approximately 200 columns of data
with 500 rows (+/- 50 rows), and have about 20 workseets with this amount of
data :(..

Ragdyer

Then you're stuck with clicking in the first cell, and then use the scroll
bar to find the end of the data, and then <Shift, and click in the last
cell.

What I occasionally do is depress my mouse scroll wheel, which gives me a 4
sided scroll icon, where I can smoothly scroll up, down, left, or right, and
then <Shift and click in the last cell.
--
HTH,

RD

"M.R.S." wrote in message
.. .

"Ragdyer" wrote in message
If you know the address of the last cell of your data, you can *exactly*
select the range by:
1] Click in first cell - Click in "name box" - Enter last cell (i.e.
A50) -
Hold <Shift, Hit <Enter

2] Click in "name box" - Enter range (i.e. A1:A50) - Hit <Enter
--
HTH,

RD

-
Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit

!

-
"M.R.S." wrote in message
[...]

Duke Carey

If you select any cell within your 500 rows of data, then press Ctrl-* (using
the asterisk on the numeric keypad), Excel will automatically select the
entire current region. Much, MUCH faster than using the mouse.