Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Loan Period Calculator Sheet

I have a loan with my parents and we are trying to see how long it will take
to pay back the loan. I see a lot of templates that have you insert the
amount of time you want to pay it off in, but none that you enter the amount
that you want to pay each month. I want to pay 200 a month and then see how
long it will take to pay off. I am currently running Microsoft Office 2003
(Excel, Word, & Outlook).
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Try

=NPER(0.05/12,-200,10000,0,0)

Where
0.05 is the annual percent interest
and 10000 is the loan amount

Mike

"garber2007" wrote:

I have a loan with my parents and we are trying to see how long it will take
to pay back the loan. I see a lot of templates that have you insert the
amount of time you want to pay it off in, but none that you enter the amount
that you want to pay each month. I want to pay 200 a month and then see how
long it will take to pay off. I am currently running Microsoft Office 2003
(Excel, Word, & Outlook).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

The nper function should do what you need.
For instance, if you're charged 1/2% interest per month and paying 200 per
month on a loan of $10k: =NPER(0.5%,200,-10000)

"garber2007" wrote:

I have a loan with my parents and we are trying to see how long it will take
to pay back the loan. I see a lot of templates that have you insert the
amount of time you want to pay it off in, but none that you enter the amount
that you want to pay each month. I want to pay 200 a month and then see how
long it will take to pay off. I am currently running Microsoft Office 2003
(Excel, Word, & Outlook).

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

For additional information, this is a great site:
http://www.vertex42.com/

Look for items of interest in the left hand column.

Regards,
Ryan---

--
RyGuy