Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Displaying and formatting data between tabs

I would like to display data on two tabs and have updates on one tab populate
the other. Additionally, I would like to change the formatting on one tab if
certain criteria are met.

Currently, I have the main data tab and the second tab pulls its info from
the main tab based on a Yes/No column (if yes, then display the data on the
second tab). This works fine, but the rows that have a "no" value are
displayed as blank rows. This is not that big of a deal, but if there is a
way to change it, I would love to know that.

On the second tab, there are three columns for a customer to fill out that
then populate back to the main tab which works fine. However, if the
customer is done, they can populate a "no" in the data call field referenced
above. In this event, the data on the second tab disappears (based off of
the IF/THEN event referenced above). This action is OK, but I would prefer
to change the formatting of the information on the second tab rather than
make it disappear. Is this possible in a formula to do - rather than display
nothing, have the point, font, and color change?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Obviously you have formulas on Sheet2 such as

=IF(Main!A1="yes",Main!A1,"")

You could use Conditional Formatting to fomat the background or text color
of cells that become blank("") when "no" is entered.

FormatConditional FormattingCell value is equal to "no"

Format to a color from "Patterns"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP