Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Txt to columns

I work a lot on the database of the following format which contains just
numbers.

5555 21 38 50 55 164 | 10 5 2 200
20| 164

The first column is always 4 digit. The rest of the columns can be anything
from 0 to 1000. Can someone help me separate these texts to columns using
the functions? I do this task repeatedly on different sets of data so using
text to colums command is not much time saving either.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Use the Data/Text to Columns... command (for pre-07 version - I don't
know off the top of my head where the command is in 07).

Paste that data into Excel first, select the cells to convert, and
select the command. You will need to choose Delimited and then select
the Space as the delimiter.

On Sep 23, 2:56*pm, Learn Excel
wrote:
I work a lot on the database of the following format which contains just
numbers.

5555 * * *21 * * 38 * * 50 * * 55 * *164 | * * *10 * * *5 * * *2 * * 200 * *
*20| * *164

The first column is always 4 digit. The rest of the columns can be anything
from 0 to 1000. Can someone help me *separate these texts to columns using
the functions? I do this task repeatedly on different sets of data so using
text to colums command is not much time saving either.

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That is what I had been using. But I have 30 different text files and I
import individual file in excel and end up doing text to columns for all of
them. Since I do this task repeatdly every few days text to columns is not an
efficient way of doing this. Is there any other way to do it using functions?