Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default ADDATION OF DEGREE / MINUTES/SECOND

WHAT I NEED IS ,A FORMULA WHICH CAN ADD SAY

90°30'42''
+30°54'40''
=-------------
121°25'22''

WAITING FOR URGENT REPLY.

HARSHAWARDHAN SHASTRI

INDIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Please stop SHOUTING.

Format as [h]:mm:ss and enter as 90:30:42
--
David Biddulph

"HARSHAWARDHAN. S .SHASTRI"
wrote in message
WHAT I NEED IS ,A FORMULA WHICH CAN ADD SAY

90°30'42''
+30°54'40''
=-------------
121°25'22''

WAITING FOR URGENT REPLY.

HARSHAWARDHAN SHASTRI

INDIA

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Teethless mama" wrote:

In A1: 90:30:42
In A2: 30:54:40

In A3: =A1+A2

THANKS

FORMULA IS WORKING BUT IF SUM EXCEEDS 360° IT SHOULD SHOW AGAIN FROM
0°.AND SECOND DIFFICULTY IS I AM NOT GETTING SIN /COS/TAN VALUES CORRECTLY
IF I USE D:M:S FORMAT.

HARSHAWARDHAN SHASTRI
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You've already been told to stop SHOUTING. Get your caps lock key repaired
before you post again please.

If you want to wrap round at 360 degrees (which wasn't part of your original
question), use =MOD(A1+A2,360/24) and again format the result as [h]:mm:ss

If you want to use trig functions (which again wasn't part of the original
question), try =SIN(RADIANS(24*MOD(A1+A2,360/24)))

You could, of course, replace the 360/24 terms by 15, but it is shown that
way to remind you that 360 is where you want to wrap round, and that Excel
times are stored in units of 1 day (i.e. 24 hours).
--
David Biddulph