Old September 20th 08, 09:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Need (Excel) formula to make Mark sheet with Automatic Grading

A B C D
SL. # Subject Marks Grade
1 English 96
2 History 58
3 Math 46
4 Chemistry 66
5 Physics 72
6 Urdu 85
7 Oncology 82
8 Biology 91
9 Drawing 57
10 Extra 89
11 HIJ 55
12 ABC 81
13 XYZ 49
14
15
so on so on

Marks Range Grade
90+ A+
80 TO 89 B
70 TO 79 C
60 TO 69 D
50 TO 59 E
40 TO 49 F

I want that when I put marks in Marks Columns i.e. C, Grade will be appear
automatically as per above mention range.

Please send me formula to apply. Looking forward for prompt and favorable
response.

Thanks and Regards
Hina

Old September 20th 08, 10:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

hI,

Somewhere out of the way build a table that looks like this. In my case it's
in H1 - I7 and note it must remain sorted in the left column

0 F
59 E
69 D
79 C
89 B
90 A+

Then use this formula in D2 to get the grade. Drag down for all grades
=VLOOKUP(C2,$H$1:$I$6,2,TRUE)

Mike

Old September 20th 08, 01:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

I agree VLOOKUP; however, the lookup table should be set as follows:

Mark Grade
0 Not Graded
40 F
50 E
60 D
70 C
80 B
90 A+

Headers are optional

Alternatively if you want to use a formula the following one can be
placed in D2 and copied down.

=IF(C2=90,"A
+",IF(C2=80,"B",IF(C2=70,"C",IF(C2=60,"D",IF(C2 =50,"E",IF(C2=40,"F","Not
Graded"))))))

Cheers

Old September 21st 08, 10:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Steve "Cheers"

Many thanks for below formula !!! It's working ..

=IF(C2=90,"A+",IF(C2=80,"B",IF(C2=70,"C",IF(C2 =60,"D",IF(C2=50,"E",IF(C2=40,"F","Not Graded"))))))

But I found some problem in Grading in Vlookup formula ... explain below:

SL. # Subject Marks Grade
1 AA 91 A+
2 AB 79 C
3 AC 81 C it should be "B" as per range
4 AD 70 D it should be "C" as per range
5 AE 50 F it should be "E" as per range

Range of Grade
40-49 F
50-59 E
60-69 D
70-79 C
80-89 B
90-99 A+

Looking forward for your favorable response.

Regards
Hina

Old September 21st 08, 10:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Mike,

I put your given formula but I found some problem in Grading ... explain
below:

Result after putting Formula in Column "D"

A B C D E

SL. # Subject Marks Grade
1 AA 91 A+
2 AB 79 C
3 AC 81 C it should be "B" as per range
4 AD 70 D it should be "C" as per range
5 AE 50 F it should be "E" as per range

coulumn---- H I
Range of Grade
0 F
59 E
69 D
79 C
89 B
90 A+

I need Grade as per below mention chart:

Old September 21st 08, 11:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Dear Friend,

Many Thanks for reply and below mention formula.... It's working....

Thanks and Regards
Hina

Old September 27th 11, 11:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Goods formula

On Saturday, September 20, 2008 4:38 AM Need Formula for Mark Shee wrote:

[...]

On Saturday, September 20, 2008 5:00 AM David Biddulph wrote:

Try the VLOOKUP function.
--
David Biddulph

"Need Formula for Mark Sheet" <Need Formula for Mark

" wrote:

On Sunday, September 21, 2008 5:54 AM NeedFormulaforMarkShee wrote:

[...]

"Mike H" wrote:

On Sunday, September 21, 2008 6:00 AM NeedFormulaforMarkShee wrote:

Dear Friend,

Many Thanks for reply and below mention formula.... it is working....

Thanks and Regards
Hina

"Teethless mama" wrote:

On Thursday, May 21, 2009 3:32 AM deepak mathur wrote:

You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:44 AM suraj pratap wrote:

You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Wednesday, June 17, 2009 3:44 AM suraj pratap wrote:

You are required to be a member to post replies. After logging in or becoming a member, you will be redirected back to this page.

On Tuesday, June 01, 2010 3:26 AM Amol Jadhav wrote:

Hi Hina,

I have solution regarding ur problem.

my cell no. 9867439108.

On Tuesday, June 01, 2010 3:30 AM Amol Jadhav wrote:

if u want excel solution then please contact me.

E mail - (9867439108)