Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Cursor

I work for a large organization that does not allow for me to use "add-ins".
I deal with very large spreadsheets and sometimes I can't find the box I was
last in. Is there a way to make the border around the current cell darker???
Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I don't know of any way to make the active cell border darker. It's pretty
dark already. Would it help to color the entire cell? The following macro
will do that. Note that this macro removes all cell colors before it
applies the color to the active cell. You may have some colored cells in
your sheet that you wish to retain the color, therefore I wrote the macro to
deal only with a specific range of cells. I chose A1:G20. Change this as
needed. Also, I chose RED (3) as the color. Change as you wish. This
macro MUST be placed in the sheet module of your sheet. To access that
module, right-click on the sheet tab, select View Code. Paste this macro
into that module. "X" out of the module to return to your sheet. This
macro works with only that one sheet. If you want this same feature to work
with multiple sheets, a different macro can be used. Come back if you need
that or you have any other questions. HTH Otto
If Target.Count 1 Then Exit Sub
If Not Intersect(Target, Range("A1:G20")) Is Nothing Then
Range("A1:G20").Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Target.Interior.ColorIndex = 3