Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
myk myk is offline

Default How to use OFFSET to determine DUPLICATES in a list?

Hello,

I have a list of names in column A (a4:a14). In column B I would like to
indicate if the name in column A is a duplicate. Column A is sorted. Below
is the example - I would like to put my OFFSET function in the DUPLICATE
INDICATOR column and use a 1 to indicate the first occurnace of a name and a
0 for indicating a duplicate.

NAME DUPLICATE INDICATOR
Jack
Jack
Jack
Jill
Fred
Fred
Fred
Fred
Mark
Nancy
Nancy

Thank you!! Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Put this in B4 and drag down

=IF(COUNTIF($A$4:$A$14,A4)1,"Duplicate","Unique")

Mike

"myk" wrote:

Hello,

I have a list of names in column A (a4:a14). In column B I would like to
indicate if the name in column A is a duplicate. Column A is sorted. Below
is the example - I would like to put my OFFSET function in the DUPLICATE
INDICATOR column and use a 1 to indicate the first occurnace of a name and a
0 for indicating a duplicate.

NAME DUPLICATE INDICATOR
Jack
Jack
Jack
Jill
Fred
Fred
Fred
Fred
Mark
Nancy
Nancy

Thank you!! Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

....or use this:

=(MATCH($A4,$A:$A,0)=ROW())*1

--
John

Ο χρήστης "Mike H" *γγραψε:

"myk" wrote:

Hello,

I have a list of names in column A (a4:a14). In column B I would like to
indicate if the name in column A is a duplicate. Column A is sorted. Below
is the example - I would like to put my OFFSET function in the DUPLICATE
INDICATOR column and use a 1 to indicate the first occurnace of a name and a
0 for indicating a duplicate.

NAME DUPLICATE INDICATOR
Jack
Jack