cpetta

Default Excel

How can I compare a master part numbers list in one Excel column or worksheet
against actual values in a second Excel column or worksheet, and display the
missing part numbers that were not in the second column in a new column or
worksheet?

Ashish Mathur

If you have the master list in A3:A5 of sheet 1 and working list in A3:A5 of
sheet 2, then array enter (Ctrl+Shift+Enter) the following formula in B3:B5
of sheet 1

=if(OR(EXACT(A3,Names1!$A$3:A5)),"",A3)

Regards,

Ashish Mathur
"cpetta" wrote:

How can I compare a master part numbers list in one Excel column or worksheet
against actual values in a second Excel column or worksheet, and display the
missing part numbers that were not in the second column in a new column or
worksheet?

CLR

Assuming your Master list is in column A and your Secondary list is in
B1:B25
then put this formula in C1 and copy down............

=IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,$B$1:$B$25,1,FALSE)),A1,"")

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3