Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpc bpc is offline

Default Format Time as Text

I have a column of time values, (formatted for example as 14:50 or 6:15). I
am flexible on the format of this column. In an adjacent column I need the
time value to be converted to text so that 14:50 reads as 1450. Simply
speaking, I need the colon removed. Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Why do it as text why not use a format

A1 14:40
B1 =A1 and apply a custom format of HHMM

Mike

"bpc" wrote:

I have a column of time values, (formatted for example as 14:50 or 6:15). I
am flexible on the format of this column. In an adjacent column I need the
time value to be converted to text so that 14:50 reads as 1450. Simply
speaking, I need the colon removed. Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
bpc bpc is offline

While your suggestions worked, I realize now that I need the result to remain
a number and not text. Therefore, how do I remove the colon will maintaining
a number format. Thanks again.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=TEXT(A1,"hhmm")

"bpc" wrote:

I have a column of time values, (formatted for example as 14:50 or 6:15). I
am flexible on the format of this column. In an adjacent column I need the
time value to be converted to text so that 14:50 reads as 1450. Simply
speaking, I need the colon removed. Thank you in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Change =TEXT(A1,"hhmm") to =--TEXT(A1,"hhmm")
--
David Biddulph

"bpc" wrote in message
While your suggestions worked, I realize now that I need the result to
remain
a number and not text. Therefore, how do I remove the colon will
maintaining
a number format. Thanks again.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

=TEXT(A1,"hhmm")