Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Paste Special Comments

How do I paste value a cell without loosing the cell comment?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

I'm not sure which you are asking so I will explain both.

If you want to copy the value in a cell to another cell and also copy the
comment then a simple copy and paste will do that.

If you want to copy a value from another cell into a cell WITH a comment but
dont want to lose that comment i.e. you have the value 25 in cell A2 and a
comment and you want to copy the value 30 from cell C2 into A2 without losing
the comment. You just need to copy the cell you want the value from and then
select Edit - Paste Special - Value and this will paste the value into the
cell and keep the comment.

Hope that helps.

How do I paste value a cell without loosing the cell comment?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

To copy a value and comment from cell A to another cell B, you can do it
in two pastes:

Copy cell A
Select cell B, and choose EditPaste Special
Click on Values, click OK
With cell B still selected, choose EditPaste Special
Click on Comment, click OK
Note: this will overwrite the comment in cell B, if it has one already.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures