Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default search worksheets in same book to return value matching criteria?

What I need to do is match subscriber phone number from one column and return
total for that subscriber to adjacent column for that subscriber searching
other worksheets in same book. What is the best function to use? Please be
specific as my Macro/VB are almost non-existing.

Main Worksheet:
Column A Column B
972-222-1111 (Blank)

Worksheets with Data for several accounts (ws_acct1, ws_acct2,etc..)
Column A Column B
972-222-1111 $124.00

Main Worksheet: With Results
Column A Column B
972-222-1111 $124.00

Pretty staight forward, but have not worked with these functions in years.

Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Jane,

You can use the Sumif for each range, and sum the sumif statements for all
of the worksheets.

Hope this helps.

"Jane Doe" wrote:

What I need to do is match subscriber phone number from one column and return
total for that subscriber to adjacent column for that subscriber searching
other worksheets in same book. What is the best function to use? Please be
specific as my Macro/VB are almost non-existing.

Main Worksheet:
Column A Column B
972-222-1111 (Blank)

Worksheets with Data for several accounts (ws_acct1, ws_acct2,etc..)
Column A Column B
972-222-1111 $124.00

Main Worksheet: With Results
Column A Column B
972-222-1111 $124.00

Pretty staight forward, but have not worked with these functions in years.

Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default search worksheets in same book to return value matching criter

I'm sorry, I think I mislead you on what I need. I don't need a total of
several cells for each subscriber. I need to locate the subscriber (column
A) in other worksheets and bring in the amount in column B to column B of
Main worksheet. The main worksheet column A and column B are the same as
other worksheets I need to search. Main worksheet column B is blank need to
fill with amount that is located somewhere in the other worksheets. Hope
this makes since.