Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default If Cell = "XXX" Then clear all other cells formula

Hi,

I recently posted an IF ARRAY question and the solution worked beautifully

=HLOOKUP("A VIP",$AQ2:$BE2,1,FALSE)

Now I need to refine my data and I'm trying to avoid looking at 3000 records
to eliminate clear contents of 4 out of 5 columns if they meet a criteria.

Columns BE:BI possibly have data, which is a relationship type, in which I
only want 1 type assigned. Currently there are multiple relationship types
assigned. "B Customer" takes precedent over any other option. So, I need the
formula to look at BE2:BI2 see if

If cells $BE2:$BI2
Contain €śA VIP€ť AND/OR €śB Customer€ť AND/OR €śD Lead Source€ť
THEN
Only return €śB Customer€ť

Is this an array formula or simpler than that?

--
Thank you,

scrowley(AT)littleonline.com
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=IF(SUM(COUNTIF(BE:BI,{"A VIP","B Customer","D Lead Source"}))0,"B
Customer","Nothing found")

Peo Sjoblom

"SCrowley" wrote in message

I recently posted an IF ARRAY question and the solution worked beautifully

=HLOOKUP("A VIP",$AQ2:$BE2,1,FALSE)

Now I need to refine my data and I'm trying to avoid looking at 3000
records
to eliminate clear contents of 4 out of 5 columns if they meet a criteria.

Columns BE:BI possibly have data, which is a relationship type, in which I
only want 1 type assigned. Currently there are multiple relationship types
assigned. "B Customer" takes precedent over any other option. So, I need
the
formula to look at BE2:BI2 see if

If cells $BE2:$BI2
Contain "A VIP" AND/OR "B Customer" AND/OR "D Lead Source"
THEN
Only return "B Customer"