Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to keep font color when referencing Sheets in the same workboo

In the same workbook (Office 2007):

In Sheet 2, in Cell A1 I have the word "Michigan" in red font.

In Sheet 1 at Cell B3 I want to reference the above cell "=Sheet1!A1"

Michigan is displayed according to play, but the font color changes to the
default black. Is there any way to keep the color attribute???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If the font color was set with conditional formatting, you can format the
second sheet/cell the same way. If you want it to match, you'll need to do
something with VBA, although I'm not exactly sure how I'd approach it.
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"AdirondackSam" wrote:

In the same workbook (Office 2007):

In Sheet 2, in Cell A1 I have the word "Michigan" in red font.

In Sheet 1 at Cell B3 I want to reference the above cell "=Sheet1!A1"

Michigan is displayed according to play, but the font color changes to the
default black. Is there any way to keep the color attribute???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to keep font color when referencing Sheets in the same wor

Thank you Barb, but conditional formatting is not used.

This is simple input using a RED color on the font as described in the
original post. I'm just trying to carry the font color over to another
spreadsheet by reference.

"AdirondackSam" wrote:

In the same workbook (Office 2007):

In Sheet 2, in Cell A1 I have the word "Michigan" in red font.

In Sheet 1 at Cell B3 I want to reference the above cell "=Sheet1!A1"

Michigan is displayed according to play, but the font color changes to the
default black. Is there any way to keep the color attribute???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Cannot be done without some type of code, macro or event.

BTW..........your example formula has a typo

"=Sheet1!A1" should be =Sheet2!A1 or you have your sheets mixed up

Here is a macro you could run on Sheet1 assuming it has the linking
formulas.

Sub format_link_cells()
Dim myCell As Range
For Each myCell In Selection
If myCell.Value = Sheets("Sheet2").Range(myCell.Address).Value Then
myCell.Interior.ColorIndex = Sheets("Sheet2") _
.Range(myCell.Address).Interior.ColorIndex
Else: myCell.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
End If
Next myCell
End Sub

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"AdirondackSam" wrote:

In the same workbook (Office 2007):

In Sheet 2, in Cell A1 I have the word "Michigan" in red font.

In Sheet 1 at Cell B3 I want to reference the above cell "=Sheet1!A1"

Michigan is displayed according to play, but the font color changes to the
default black. Is there any way to keep the color attribute???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Gord:

Correct you are on the error and than you for pointing that out. I will try
your Macro and see if I can get it to work, but you at least confirmed what I
suspected --- there's no easy simple way to carry the formatting over from
one sheet to another. So at least I can stop searching the 'help' files and
banging my head against a wall.

Thanks!!!!