Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Problem with Copying a Simple formula

I cannot believe that I can't figure this out, but...

I have a SIMPLE formula in cell G5, that simply states =f5-e5 (simple
difference)

I'm copying that formula to the 1500 cells in that column. When I copy the
formula, the numbers increase as they are supposed to, each one says =F#-E#,
but they all have the same result of the original equation, f5-e5, which is
3.96. I found that if i press F2, then hit enter, it will recalculate the
field to the correct result. unfortunately, with 1500+ rows that's not
possible.

What am I missing here? I've done these formulas for years, and never had
this problem???

THANKS
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Press the F9 key

or Go to

Tools-options-Calculation

Be sure it's set to Automatic

"cware" wrote:

I cannot believe that I can't figure this out, but...

I have a SIMPLE formula in cell G5, that simply states =f5-e5 (simple
difference)

I'm copying that formula to the 1500 cells in that column. When I copy the
formula, the numbers increase as they are supposed to, each one says =F#-E#,
but they all have the same result of the original equation, f5-e5, which is
3.96. I found that if i press F2, then hit enter, it will recalculate the
field to the correct result. unfortunately, with 1500+ rows that's not
possible.

What am I missing here? I've done these formulas for years, and never had
this problem???

THANKS

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you so much. I figured it was something simple.

"Duke Carey" wrote:

Press the F9 key

or Go to

Tools-options-Calculation