Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Please HELP!!!!

Hello again,

Im working on a project where I need to calculate the hours missed per day
on a daily basis. The workbook needs to record every employee (70+) working 8
hour shifts, on column H9 through H83 but if an employee comes late 2 hours
only 6 hours will be entered and so on . The hours worked are entered
manually but I need a formula in cell H85 that returns the total hours missed
per that day.

Thanks for the help

--
Regards
YM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are there any empty cells within the range and if so how should they be
handled? Should an empty cell be counted as missing 8 hours?

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Yitzhack" wrote in message
Hello again,

I'm working on a project where I need to calculate the hours missed per
day
on a daily basis. The workbook needs to record every employee (70+)
working 8
hour shifts, on column H9 through H83 but if an employee comes late 2
hours
only 6 hours will be entered and so on . The hours worked are entered
manually but I need a formula in cell H85 that returns the total hours
missed
per that day.

Thanks for the help

--
Regards
YM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Unless I am not understanding your problem...but enter into i.e. column I an
8 adjacent to all workers. In column j subtract the hours worked from 8 to
give you missed hours. Total that column and in H85 point it to that total
i.e. =j85 or where ever you total the missed hours.

"Yitzhack" wrote in message
Hello again,

I'm working on a project where I need to calculate the hours missed per
day
on a daily basis. The workbook needs to record every employee (70+)
working 8
hour shifts, on column H9 through H83 but if an employee comes late 2
hours
only 6 hours will be entered and so on . The hours worked are entered
manually but I need a formula in cell H85 that returns the total hours
missed
per that day.

Thanks for the help

--
Regards
YM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Ok, try this:

=COUNT(H9:H83)*8-SUM(H9:H83)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Yitzhack" wrote in message
Hello again,

I'm working on a project where I need to calculate the hours missed per
day
on a daily basis. The workbook needs to record every employee (70+)
working 8
hour shifts, on column H9 through H83 but if an employee comes late 2
hours
only 6 hours will be entered and so on . The hours worked are entered
manually but I need a formula in cell H85 that returns the total hours
missed
per that day.

Thanks for the help

--
Regards
YM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

P.S.

=COUNT(H9:H83)*8-SUM(H9:H83)

I'm assuming the hours entered are integers like 8 and not time values like
8:00.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Ok, try this:

=COUNT(H9:H83)*8-SUM(H9:H83)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Yitzhack" wrote in message
Hello again,

I'm working on a project where I need to calculate the hours missed
per
day
on a daily basis. The workbook needs to record every employee (70+)
working 8
hour shifts, on column H9 through H83 but if an employee comes late 2
hours
only 6 hours will be entered and so on . The hours worked are entered
manually but I need a formula in cell H85 that returns the total hours
missed
per that day.

Thanks for the help

--
Regards
YM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

T, Thank YOU so much!!
--
Regards
YM

"T. Valko" wrote:

Ok, try this:

=COUNT(H9:H83)*8-SUM(H9:H83)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Yitzhack" wrote in message
Hello again,

I'm working on a project where I need to calculate the hours missed per
day
on a daily basis. The workbook needs to record every employee (70+)
working 8
hour shifts, on column H9 through H83 but if an employee comes late 2
hours
only 6 hours will be entered and so on . The hours worked are entered
manually but I need a formula in cell H85 that returns the total hours
missed
per that day.

Thanks for the help

--
Regards
YM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

that is correct, thanks again... thank you so much !!!
--
Regards
YM

"T. Valko" wrote:

P.S.

=COUNT(H9:H83)*8-SUM(H9:H83)

I'm assuming the hours entered are integers like 8 and not time values like
8:00.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote in message
Ok, try this:

=COUNT(H9:H83)*8-SUM(H9:H83)

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Yitzhack" wrote in message
Hello again,

I'm working on a project where I need to calculate the hours missed
per
day
on a daily basis. The workbook needs to record every employee (70+)
working 8
hour shifts, on column H9 through H83 but if an employee comes late 2
hours
only 6 hours will be entered and so on . The hours worked are entered
manually but I need a formula in cell H85 that returns the total hours
missed
per that day.

Thanks for the help

--
Regards
YM

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"T. Valko" wrote:

P.S.

=COUNT(H9:H83)*8-SUM(H9:H83)

I'm assuming the hours entered are integers like 8 and not time values
like
8:00.

--
Biff