Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Function works in one cell but not another

Good Morning!!
I am running Excel 2003

I have a function of: =AVERAGE(IF(G17:G21<0,G17:G21,"")) in M11 that is
just calculating numbers and it works fine.

However, I put a similar function of =AVERAGE(IF(G22:G25<0,G22:G25,"")) in
N11 and it is giving an error of a value used in the formula is of the wrong
data type.

the number it is calculating are very similar so I am confused. Any help
you can provide will be greatly apprecitated...

Thanks again...

Myssie...
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Maybe there is a #VALUE! somewhere within G22:G25 ?
--
Max
Singapore
"myssieh" wrote:
Good Morning!!
I am running Excel 2003

I have a function of: =AVERAGE(IF(G17:G21<0,G17:G21,"")) in M11 that is
just calculating numbers and it works fine.

However, I put a similar function of =AVERAGE(IF(G22:G25<0,G22:G25,"")) in
N11 and it is giving an error of a value used in the formula is of the wrong
data type.

the number it is calculating are very similar so I am confused. Any help
you can provide will be greatly apprecitated...

Thanks again...

Myssie...

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Are you entering it as an array function?

Select the formula that is generating the error, press the F2 key, then
simultaneously press Ctrl-Shift-Enter