Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Formatting Excel

I need to add cells together based on their background color or font color.
(I only want to add the cells that are red) How do you do this? I know no
Visual Basic so it needs to be in real simple terms. I use Excel 2007.

Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

If you don't know VB, then you will need us to provide complete,
ready-to-use code for you. In order to do that, you are going to have to let
us in on your worksheet's layout... at minimum, we need to know where are
the cells you want to add together located at and where do you want their
sum to be placed at?

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Golfer Guy" wrote in message
I need to add cells together based on their background color or font color.
(I only want to add the cells that are red) How do you do this? I know no
Visual Basic so it needs to be in real simple terms. I use Excel 2007.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thank you for your speedy responce.
The values are in a specific Column (FG) and the cells have been conditional
formated. (to produce the background color)
As far as the sum, it can be placed at the bottom of the column.

Does that answer your questions?

"Golfer Guy" wrote in message
I need to add cells together based on their background color or font color.
(I only want to add the cells that are red) How do you do this? I know no
Visual Basic so it needs to be in real simple terms. I use Excel 2007.

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Golfer Guy wrote:
Thank you for your speedy responce.
The values are in a specific Column (FG) and the cells have been conditional
formated. (to produce the background color)
As far as the sum, it can be placed at the bottom of the column.

If the background color is determined by conditional formatting, it may be
possible to use the same conditions to obtain your sum without VB. If you
provide some specifics about your worksheet, someone may be able to provide a
solution.