Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
SP

Default Concatenate & Force argument to End of String-(spsjp)

Thanks to JulieD who explained to me how to limit my concatenation string.
Now I'm trying to acheive additional functionality. I would like to (when
concatenating arguments) force certain arguments to the end of the string
being concatenated (which I will then limit in number). REASON: I am
essentially capturing a series of two character codes (some are "valid" and
some are "invalid)...I will concatenate them together but then want to limit
the total string length to a specified number (which I can do now). However,
by limiting the number, and not being able to force the invalid arguments to
the end of the string...I can potentially eliminate a "valid" number due to
the length limiting. The length limiting is desired and would not be a
problem if I could force some of the "invalid" tags to the end prior to
limiting the total length. Thanks in advance! (On a seperate note - can you
begin limiting or counting characters after a specific character like a dash
"-"?)