Junior Member

Default Creating pivot table to Existing worksheet

Here's all the relevant information:

a) I was able to successfully create a pivot table, in a newly created tab named "Sheet2". This pivot table is contained in A:E, was copied and the duplicate of that pivot table pasted into I:M.

b) Next I attempted to generate a new pivot table, using a new data range, to the "Existing worksheet" at P:V. When running the VBC code for the new pivot table I get the error "Run Time 1004: Unable to get the Pivot Table Property of the Worksheet class"

The broken VBA code is below:
Quote:
Sheets("Raw Data").Select
ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatab ase, SourceData:= _
"'Raw Data'!R2C1:R" & RowCount & "C54").CreatePivotTable TableDestination:= _
"'[MBR Prep Work 1.1.xls]Sheet2'!R1C16", TableName:="PivotTable3", _
DefaultVersion:=xlPivotTableVersion10
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").AddFields RowFields:=Array( _
"Column1", "Column2", "Column3", "Column4", "Column5"), ColumnFields:= _
"Month"
ActiveSheet.PivotTables("PivotTable3").PivotFields ("Case No").Orientation = _
xlDataField
Also, as a kinda-related question: Using VBA, can one create a new pivot table using the data range of the previous / original pivot table. The manual option that says something about "saving memory and making workbook the smaller"? If so, can you point me in the direction of an example somewhere?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! :)
Junior Member

I wonder if the target worksheet must be actually named, vs the default Sheet1, Sheet2, Sheet3, etc etc

Quote:
ActiveWorkbook.PivotCaches.Add(SourceType:=xlDatab ase, SourceData:= _
"'Raw Data'!R2C1:R" & RowCount & "C54").CreatePivotTable TableDestination:= _
[MBR Prep Work 1.1.xls]Sheet2'!R1C16
Would that actually make a difference?