Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Existing spreadsheet program

G'day there One & All,

Please forgive me if this is an inappropiate place to post this,
but it seemd to be that an XL application would be required.

I have a bit of a problem that I was going to try to write a
speadsheet for, but a few seconds pondering gave rise to the notion that
someone else has already done it. Therefore to save reinventing the
wheel, I'm here asking for recommendations.

What I'm trying to do is to reconcile my pay for the last 4 years
(a quick hand check of 6 months shows that I'm missing about 90 hours of
"On Call Allowance" and I hesitate to ponder what else has been stuffed
up).

What happens is that I fill out a fortnightly pay claim for shift
allowances, Saturdays, Sundays, overtime, leave, or whatever I've worked
and then about 2 or 3 fortnights down the track I get my pay with an
itemised slip showing what I was paid. This is fine except that if any
external company hasn't yet paid their invoice, my overtime waits until
it arrives so I need to confirm its receipt later. Hence, my attempts to
automatically match entries didn't work.

I've tried before to build something that will allow me to enter
(via form or straight onto the sheet?) my various claimed hours/$$$ for
each fortnight and then match those entries to payments received which
could be Gawd knows how far behind.

A full fledged financial package seems a bit over the top but,
equally, doing it by hand has knobs on it.

Can anyone think of anything that's freely available that would
suit the bill? Or where I might even find a few snippets or suggestions
to build it myself? My accounting skills leave a bit to be desired.

Thanks for listening,
Ken McLennan
Qld, Australia
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

G'day Ken

I, like you, don't for a minute trust my payroll people either.

So I have done pretty much what you are after, although, you will have to
modify it to suit.

If you are interested

Drop my a line @

I will forward a copy (with some data) so you can play with it.

Regards
Mark
Vic, Aust.