Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default HLOOKUP

Dear experts,

In sheet "Team", cell N3 is a lookup value. In sheet "Group", array table is
E9:L42 and row index is 42. So, in sheet "Team" cell N4, I set a formula to
lookup value in sheet "Group" as follows:

=HLOOKUP(N3,'Team'!E9:L42,42,False)

However, the result of a return is #Ref!. Please advise what's the problem
and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,
Your row index (42) is not correct, because row index count is from row 9
(starting point, so this will be row index 1) to row 42 (your end point, so
this will be row index 34). So basically the correct row index should be 34.

=HLOOKUP(N3,'Team'!E9:L42,34,False)

"Freshman" wrote:

Dear experts,

In sheet "Team", cell N3 is a lookup value. In sheet "Group", array table is
E9:L42 and row index is 42. So, in sheet "Team" cell N4, I set a formula to
lookup value in sheet "Group" as follows:

=HLOOKUP(N3,'Team'!E9:L42,42,False)

However, the result of a return is #Ref!. Please advise what's the problem
and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Thanks, Lorderon. How stupid I am of overlooking the number of rows. Thanks
once again. Regards.

"Freshman" wrote:

Dear experts,

In sheet "Team", cell N3 is a lookup value. In sheet "Group", array table is
E9:L42 and row index is 42. So, in sheet "Team" cell N4, I set a formula to
lookup value in sheet "Group" as follows:

=HLOOKUP(N3,'Team'!E9:L42,42,False)

However, the result of a return is #Ref!. Please advise what's the problem
and how to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

help with hlookup Cam1234 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 November 27th 07 12:31 AM
Hlookup Duplatt New Users to Excel 11 November 9th 07 03:05 PM
hlookup & ? Intermediate Excel User.... Excel Worksheet Functions 4 September 1st 06 12:50 PM
Hlookup/max value? swjtx Excel Worksheet Functions 4 December 19th 05 12:45 AM
HLookup ??? scott Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 2 December 16th 04 09:57 PM