Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Start, Finish including break time

Hi all,

I currently have a excel spreadsheet set up to take the following.
Just an example:
Cell A1 - Time Started (In 24 hour time) - "06:30"
Cell A2 - Break Time (Generally Half an hour) - "00:30"
Cell A3 - Finish Time - "16:30"
Total - =(A3-A2-A1)*24 Which gives me a result in hours which I wanted. "9.5"

However When entering in the break time I want to be able to enter it in as
..5 (for half and hour) instead of having to enter in 00:30 for 30 minutes and
still calculate the correct response at the end.

Also, i'd like to be able to enter the times in without having to enter the
: in, for example "0630" (starting at 06:30) and "1630" (finishing at 16:30).

Could someone please let me know whether the above is possible, and if maybe
you have some suggestions for cleaning it up it would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ricardo
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Chip Pearson gives two macros to do that for dates and times he

http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm

Hope this helps.

Pete