Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default formula help

I'm a novice Excel user. This is probably basic, but.. whats the proper
formula for this activity?
row 3 - column c is a number - 20 column d is a number - 24 i'm
subtracting d-c. result in h.
sometimes there is a column e with a number. sometimes not. if there is I
am subtracting e-d. result in g.

Also d goes in the next row as c unless there is a E. Then e goes in the
next row as c. input is always d and maybe e. Can I see that formula?

ex:
c d e g h
3 20 24 0 0 4
4 24
or
3 20 24 30 6 4
4 30

is there an easy way to do that?
thanks1
ray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

You probably want something like this

IF(AND(ISBLANK(C3)=FALSE,ISBLANK(D3)=FALSE),D3-C3,"")
--
HTH,
Barb Reinhardt

"RayB" wrote:

I'm a novice Excel user. This is probably basic, but.. whats the proper
formula for this activity?
row 3 - column c is a number - 20 column d is a number - 24 i'm
subtracting d-c. result in h.
sometimes there is a column e with a number. sometimes not. if there is I
am subtracting e-d. result in g.

Also d goes in the next row as c unless there is a E. Then e goes in the
next row as c. input is always d and maybe e. Can I see that formula?

ex:
c d e g h
3 20 24 0 0 4
4 24
or
3 20 24 30 6 4
4 30

is there an easy way to do that?
thanks1
ray

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

"Barb Reinhardt" wrote in message

IF(AND(ISBLANK(C3)=FALSE,ISBLANK(D3)=FALSE),D3-C3,"")

Shorter to use:

=IF(COUNT(C3:D3)=2,D3-C3,"")

--
HTH