Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How to sum number values, excluding data returned #N/A during Vloo

My question is how due I sum all values in a column that have a numerical
value, and exclude the data in the same column returned #N/A. For example
the database hase the following data;
19.40
17.93
#N/A
2,002.41
322.82
#N/A
8.39

I need to sum over 3888 cells in one column to get a grand total of values,
not #N/A.
Thanks for the assistance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

=SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(A2:A20),A2:A20))

which is an array formula, so commit with Ctlr-Shift-Enter, not just Enter

--
__________________________________
HTH

Bob

"Dyer" wrote in message
My question is how due I sum all values in a column that have a numerical
value, and exclude the data in the same column returned #N/A. For example
the database hase the following data;
19.40
17.93
#N/A
2,002.41
322.82
#N/A
8.39

I need to sum over 3888 cells in one column to get a grand total of
values,
not #N/A.
Thanks for the assistance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

One mo

=SUMIF(A:A,"<10E37")

10E37 is a huge number in scientific notation.

Dyer wrote:

My question is how due I sum all values in a column that have a numerical
value, and exclude the data in the same column returned #N/A. For example
the database hase the following data;
19.40
17.93
#N/A
2,002.41
322.82
#N/A
8.39

I need to sum over 3888 cells in one column to get a grand total of values,
not #N/A.
Thanks for the assistance.

--

Dave Peterson