Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default plus-minus buttons in far left column (1)

I have someones spreadsheet that has +/- buttons on the far left,in a column
headed as 1. When (-) is clicked, a row hides. When the (+) is clicked, the
hidden row returns. Clicking the 1 column button/header makes them all (+)
(hidden), clicking the 2 column button/header makes them all (-) ( unhidden).
There also is a 3 column, but it appears to so the same thing as the 2 column.
I'd like to replicate that feature in some of my own spreadsheets, to be
able to hide & unhide certain rows, but I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi Steve. What that is called Subtotal. It is found under the "Data" menu.

It is a very lengthy instruction to type it in. What you could do is go to
the Help function and read up on Subtotal.

Storm

"Steve" wrote:

I have someones spreadsheet that has +/- buttons on the far left,in a column
headed as 1. When (-) is clicked, a row hides. When the (+) is clicked, the
hidden row returns. Clicking the 1 column button/header makes them all (+)
(hidden), clicking the 2 column button/header makes them all (-) ( unhidden).
There also is a 3 column, but it appears to so the same thing as the 2 column.
I'd like to replicate that feature in some of my own spreadsheets, to be
able to hide & unhide certain rows, but I have no idea where to start.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

That was it. Much thanks.
And now I know how I'm going to spend my weekend. :)

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

It might also be datagroup

Peo Sjoblom