-   -   Trying to calculate end date using order date and lead time variab (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-worksheet-functions/199001-trying-calculate-end-date-using-order-date-lead-time-variab.html)

BWA

Trying to calculate end date using order date and lead time variab

I am trying to create a worksheet to calculate the amount of time and dates
we have to use on product orders. What I am trying to do is make it possible
to enter an order date in one cell. Then have a cell for the amount of time
its going to take to get the product in and then in the third cell have a
formula to calculate the date we can expect to receive the product. Does
this make sense?

Basically lets say in A1 I enter 8/15/08
Then in A2 I want to enter 8 Weeks
Then in A3 I want to have previous 2 cells added to produce a date 8 weeks
out from 8/15/08.

So far I can only get it to caluculate 8 days, not weeks. Is this even
possible. Thanks.

Teethless mama

Trying to calculate end date using order date and lead time variab

=A1+(A2*7)

"BWA" wrote:

I am trying to create a worksheet to calculate the amount of time and dates
we have to use on product orders. What I am trying to do is make it possible
to enter an order date in one cell. Then have a cell for the amount of time
its going to take to get the product in and then in the third cell have a
formula to calculate the date we can expect to receive the product. Does
this make sense?

Basically lets say in A1 I enter 8/15/08
Then in A2 I want to enter 8 Weeks
Then in A3 I want to have previous 2 cells added to produce a date 8 weeks
out from 8/15/08.

So far I can only get it to caluculate 8 days, not weeks. Is this even
possible. Thanks.

FIRE GIRL

Trying to calculate end date using order date and lead time variab

I am trying to find the formula to do something similar. I want to calculate
a date 15 years AFTER the date in a cell, then apply conditional formatting
to show that the product has expired... ??

"BWA" wrote:

I am trying to create a worksheet to calculate the amount of time and dates
we have to use on product orders. What I am trying to do is make it possible
to enter an order date in one cell. Then have a cell for the amount of time
its going to take to get the product in and then in the third cell have a
formula to calculate the date we can expect to receive the product. Does
this make sense?

Basically lets say in A1 I enter 8/15/08
Then in A2 I want to enter 8 Weeks
Then in A3 I want to have previous 2 cells added to produce a date 8 weeks
out from 8/15/08.

So far I can only get it to caluculate 8 days, not weeks. Is this even
possible. Thanks.

David Biddulph[_2_]

Trying to calculate end date using order date and lead time variab

=DATE(YEAR(A1)+15,MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)
--
David Biddulph